Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 07:51 AM   #3
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
I had a friend go out to Monmouth today and he said they got turned away because there was no more room. It was food truck day or something. Has anyone heard any similar stories?
I was there for the day- for the racing not the food trucks. Attendance was 23,400. Typical Saturday maybe 10k. The lines for the food trucks were insane. Lots of unhappy people if you believe the comments on Mth's Facebook page are representative of the public at large. Heard the traffic was a horror show too. I don't know why people put themselves through the torture. People bitching about Mth put I don't know how you get the additional 13,000 people to 30 food trucks. If you assume 3,000 of the 13,000 go to one of the trucks that's 100 people per truck. Even if each person takes 3 minutes to serve that's 300 minutes or 5 hours. Not sure how they can make this work without pissing people off which appears to be the end result.

Racing was pretty good though! Memorial Day card looks really good too.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)