Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-30-2017, 11:46 AM   #60
proximity

i've got A lime green ticket......

ok poker fans, we're back with more excitement.

now i don't think i mentioned this but during my february run to penn national rakeback glory i was a lucky winner of a hotseat drawing and my prize was a lime green ticket for this month's table games sweepstakes day!!

note however that apparently i even run bad in this.

i got one ticket in my 51.73 hours of play while our good friend the lion got three in his 50.35.

good for him? uhh? not really. his uncle got twelve.

anyhow i figure i'll give it the old college try and head out for sweepstakes day but when i turn my ticket in i see people handing in big stacks of tickets several inches thick and i conclude that even the lion's uncle has little chance here with his mere dozen. apparently penn national was handing them out for stuff as common as just getting a blackjack? i guess my hotseat wasn't so hot afterall? i hear some players had hundreds of tickets and i feel like poor boy charlie bucket opening his three wonka bars versus veruca salt's 3/4 of a million.

over at poker, the room is swamped and i'm 45th on the list for 1/2 no limit hold em so i head upstairs for some racing. i like a price on a horse at aqueduct (the little guy has him second) but he runs up the track. back downstairs the lion gets in a game and i'm about to leave but when i see my name hit the bottom of the bravo screen i decide to stick it out.

eventually i'm called and get seated at the same table as the lion who is around even and checks a flop of T95 from early position.

there's a bet, a raise to $40, i fold pocket 6s and the action comes back to the lion who makes it $100. the action folds back to the $40 who makes the call and the lion shoves the turn.

villain 99
the lion 55

so a rare loss for the lion who falls to 37-8 on the season but there's still hope for me.

once again i'm pretty card dead but i stay in the game with a set of aces and a small win with J9 from the big blind.

with 99 against a $5 straddle and a limp though i make a mistake and end up paying for it.

this should be a raise to $18 but instead i just call. the straddle checks the option and we see a jack high flop with two diamonds. the limper here had J5 which is the same hand that beat the lion at borgata.... but at least he raised preflop!!

with KJ from the hijack i raise three limpers to $14. the button and two of the limpers call and we see a jack high flop with one heart. i bet $40 here and the button shoves all in for $72. the two limpers fold and i call the $32. the button has AA and the board bricks out.

if i just call with aces in a situation like that i'm a loser every time. "they" just call, however, and everything right down to the jack high flop goes their way.

as for the drawings?

game -200 (1/2)
year -1388 (23-24)
promo 0 (210)
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)