Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-24-2017, 05:20 PM   #55
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Yes. But in the NL games...these "second-best hands" are much costlier, and can seriously damage the player...even if they occur "less often". In NL...a sound post-flop game helps you a lot more in this regard than a "boring" pre-flop strategy does...IMO.

I'm not defending all the "looser" players here, you understand...because I am on the "boring" side myself. In fact...my gambling motto has always been that "If you are not bored when you gamble...then you are playing the game WRONG". But I've crossed swords with some of these "loose/aggressive" players out there...and it hasn't been fun. And I can testify that a few of them are big winners.
It's definitely no fun to play against a good LAG.

As for a "sound post-flop game", of course you want to have one. But the problem is that there's only so much you can do. Hands come up that you basically have to pay off, or have to spend a fair amount of money on finding out where you are before you can fold. (E.g., you make a call on the button with K4 suited against a bad player's raise, figuring you can outplay him in position, the flop comes KJx and the turn comes a 4. If your opponent has KJ, you may eventually get away from that hand before paying off completely if you are skilled at post-flop play, but that doesn't mean the hand isn't going to cost you a ton of money which you would have saved by not playing it.)
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)