Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 03:09 AM   #170
cardinalsfan

Greed

First, let me be clear that this is all speculation but I know the kind of people we are dealing with in our fines state so here goes............

Whenever Jerry Simms (the principal owner of Turf Paradise) and the horseman are on the same side of legislation, I have to wonder what is going on. I'm not saying the horseman were sold a bill of goods but....I really think the horsemen agreed to this new legislation thinking that it would increase the handle at the IN-STATE tracks.

Truth be told, it is my suspicion that Simms actual goal of such legislation is that it would help his handle on the OUT-OF-STATE tracks he simulcasts and got the horsemen to go along selling them on the thought that the IN-STATE handle would increase. You see, Turf Paradise carries a full selection of OUT OF STATE simulcasts (probably 15 to 20 tracks at Turf Paradise Race Track and 4-8 at the off track sites).

Folow me now. Who benefits the most from this legislation? Basically only the owners of Turf Paradise and possilby Yavapai Downs. There has alway been very slight loss of revenues from bettors within Arizona on betting at Turf Paradise that went throught the ADW systems because all but one of the ADW sites banned betting on Turf Paradise even when you were able to use their services. BUT, Turf Paradise, through this legislation has now forced all IN-STATE residents to place their bets on OUT-OF-STATE tracks through Turf Paradise's wagering system.

Wake up horsemen! You might be getting a small benefit from all this but the big winners are the race track owners! The right solution is to do what is right for the bettors, yes, the people that enable you to win purses. Reverse this law and get somebody competent to negotiate fair deals with the ADW sites so you can share equitably in the simulcast wagering revenue. Angering more and more fans is NOT the answer!

How much more of this unbelivable self serving garbage can we take. We love this sport of horse racing but there really will be a time that enough IS enough! That time is getting closer and closer and when it comes the party will be over for everyone.

What if, just what if ALL racing fans boycotted all race tracks for just one day? Would they finally stop treating us like garbage and start treating us like the people that fuel their ENTIRE industry. When are we as fans finally going to say we are mad as hell and we are not going to take it anymore? When?
cardinalsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)