Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Knicks Go
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2021, 10:26 AM   #59
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket View Post
Never forget to take into consideration the people that fund our sport. Ownership of Medina Spirit probably needed place money to fund their lawsuit against Churchill.
I tried to beat Knicks Go, but I couldn't have been much more wrong. I was hoping Medina Spirit would be the one chasing him instead of Art Collector and both would suffer just enough to allow Essential Quality and Hot Rod Charlie to finish 1-2. I boxed them and had Tripoli 3rd in Trifectas in case it got very heated.

I'm not going to fault the connections of Medina Spirit for not going on a suicide mission like Private Mission did in the Distaff. But I think Medina Spirit has more speed and ability than Art Collector. If he was ridden a little more aggressively early he might have been able to press Knicks Go at some point. Art Collector didn't have enough to get to him even when asked. Once Medina Spirit was hung out wide in 3rd, I kind of knew my tickets were dead unless Knicks Go hated 10F. I thought Medina Spirit ran very well though. Knicks Go is just very good now. He's too fast for most Grade 1 routers to stay with and once he's loose he doesn't stop. They came home really fast.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)