Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 09:40 PM   #251
taxicab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
The optic that concerns me is how long does this process take?
There are only two samples.....?
I've always felt that CD gave Baffert one chance to sleek away with minimal damage........and he dumped all over them(starting with the Sunday presser a week removed from the Derby).
Let's keep it real here,Baffert thought he was bigger than CD/Derby......his arrogance told him so.
Baffert figured he could push back at CDI,claiming he was wronged......and eventually they would go away.
In the process,Baffert hurled a lot of mud CDI's way.........thinking they wouldn't/couldn't fire back at him.
We all know Churchill has no problem mixing it up with people who get in their way......a fact that Baffert and his legal team somehow overlooked.
I'm only guessing on this one,but I think CDI's game plan was to sit chilly and wait for the right time to drill Baffert.....if it took awhile,so be it.
Just take a look at the way the wording for the 2022 Derby/Oaks is laid out,Baffert(and his owners) are screwed blue.
So Churchill got him there,and it's certainly no coincidence that they waited until right after BB big closing weekend at DMR that they released their new and improved Derby/Oaks rules and regulations.......score one for the CDI legal team.
And BTW:
Which legal team has better lawyers,and more money........The Baffert team....or the CDI team ?
In this country,how does that usually work out ?
Let's look at the scoreboard as of today.
Baffert is currently banned from the Deby/Oaks until 2024.......and he's been more or less blackballed from Deby/Oaks prep races.
So for all of Baffert's fancy legal maneuvering:
CDI......2
BB.......0
Plus:
It's obvious the KHRC is going to wait and drop the hammer on Baffert when it hurts him the most.
I have no clue when that's going to be,but I suspect they've given it plenty of thought.
And let's not forget that it looks like the NYRA hasn't taken kindly to Baffert getting in their way either........that's going to be a problem for Baffert down the road....no two ways around it.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)