Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 01:38 AM   #69
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
I've commented on some of your good posts in the past....Now we have the flipside.
Well RR, not sure what you meant by "sometimes it's not what you imply" on your comment to my last post in this thread, but I can state I was referring to the final odds and not what EQ was on Friday night. Your embedded comments in blue were irrelevant, unless betting through a UK book, or otherwise outside of Churchill's parimutuel pools.

For the record, EQ did go off close to 3-1 (2.90)

The result chart indicates $68M in the W-P-S pools, and I believe there was $44M and change in the Win pool, when I glanced at the pools after the race. That means EQ had about $9.5M bet on him. If the report from NBC was accurate, Mattress Mack had $2.4M of that, or roughly 25%.

So Mack basically cut the potential win payoff from about $9.80 to $7.80. (note - that is not cutting the odds in half). If we had the exact numbers for Mack's bets, and subtracted them out, I think the and would have been a nose apart for the chalk, with HRC a close up third. However, a counter argument could be made that pounding the horse down to 3-5 with his first $500K probably caused some EQ fans to bet other horses.

We'll never know, but it does bring up the topic of "dicking with the pools" again.

As for my first comment about a seven figure wager being a "big bet, even for me" - well, I guess I forgot to put the /humor hashtag after that.

At the end of the day, I didn't much care for EQ anyway, but lost my largest (3 figure) bet on Mandaloun's nose when he couldn't get past the winner. Fortunately, the Derby presents the opportunity for place and show wagering, paying only 3 slots to 19 horses, so I did score a modest profit in the race. Feel free to be critical that I'm implying a bit of redboard action there, though I did post my cold super high 5 prediction in the TC thread.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)