Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Tampa Bay
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2020, 09:10 AM   #2
jahura2

Steve, I follow Tampa quite closely would be happy to answer any questions if I can.
Good little track for betting, purses are very poor for horsemen but they still fill a lot of fields up.
Excellent turf course (I concentrate on their turf races)
Leading Jocks are Gallardo, Camacho, Morales and Centeno. There are a few new faces this year Roberto Alvarado looks competitive.
Bennett generally the leading trainer. Mike Stidham always hot at the beginning of the meet. Lots of decent 2nd tier trainers,
Speed is generally favorable in turf and dirt races. It helps to be no more than 5-6 lengths off the pace.
Really read and understand class of races because this is a big factor at Tampa.
In the spring you will see some big name trainers, Pletcher, Brown , Mcgaughey run horses here.
Shippers from Delaware, Indiana, Ellis from some smaller tracks and of course NY and Ky do well,Ohio tracks like Mahoning, Belterra and Thistle are usually an automatic toss for me.
I am not too fond of GPW shippers but have to be aware of GP and live trainers that have a pattern of shipping to Tampa. i.e Georgina Baxter, Saffi Joseph
These are just some general observations to get you started.
jahura2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)