Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 06:47 PM   #49
Spalding No!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I may be a crazy person, but I may try to get Mr. Money into the trifecta in the dirt Mile.

At his best, he wasn’t that far off the best 3yos last year.

His first race back this year was bad, but then he showed some signs of life in his next start. I thought he was poorly spotted in the sprint next out. Then in his next race he was repeatedly rank. The race was a total toss. I felt he was ready for a better performance in the Ack Ack and caught him at 6.40-1. The thing is, I think he may have been even better that day than it looks. He was close up on the rail in a race that fell apart, on a day I thought the rail was not the best path, especially through the stretch, yet he got up.

He’s probably at or close to his best best right now.

Unfortunately, that’s probably not nearly good enough to win without a big new top, but he was 3 last year. It may not be totally impossible he has a new top in him. If not, maybe he can sneak into the exacta or trifecta at 20-1 (a more reasonable possibility). He could add some value in a race where he is likely to be totally dismissed based on just a surface view of his races this year.

Maybe I’m a crazy person fishing for a price with an overmatched horse that I scored with last time. But he will be on a few of my tickets even if I key in another direction.
Looks like a horse that doesn't handle a fast pace, especially when parked wide, mostly because his rider insists on making a move into the teeth of said fast pace.

His 3yo win streak was replete with slowly run races before he came back down to earth like a lead ballon when chasing a fast pace in last year's Undercard Mile. More of the same this year in the Blame and that loaded allowance sprint (that featured Sprint contender CZ Rocket and MG1placed True Timber).

Note in his 2 wins over this trip at Churchill (Ack Ack, Pat Day--both with fast paces) he was bottled up inside of horses and basically his rider was forced to wait until the head of the stretch to make his move.

Has to be ridden correctly but retains the same jock who probably hasn't figured it out. However, did draw in the middle of the field so he may get stuck early in a pocket again, which will be a good thing so long as he has running room in the late stages.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)