Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 10:28 AM   #10
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
……………………………………………….
If this happens I wonder how many are gonna sneak peaks. Are locals here gonna congregate at the top of the stretch on Union Ave where you can see the turn? Guys with beers and lawn chairs getting chased away by cops and security? My plan is a tree stand in the back of Yaddo with my cooler, phone and binoculars. Cause keeping people away will become a pain in the ass for authorities. I'm thinking.
Yes, I’m sure there will be some people that try to congregate there. But it’s not that long of an area, maybe a hundred feet at most, they could probably have to hang a few tarps over it to close it up.

The picnic area would be a good space to open up; keeping each table so-many feet apart would be easy, I believe. Most bring their own food and beverages anyway. The hard part would be preventing people from gathering at the paddock and apron. Could the horses bypass the paddock and get to the track by taking another path? The entire apron could be closed off, I guess, and people be limited to the picnic area and watching the races on the TV screens.

Betting lines would be another area of concern. If the track were going to allow in some visitors, they would hate giving up the most lucrative part of the live crowd deal. But I don’t see a way to control the lines so I would think that people would have to bet via wifi.
Redboard is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement