Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-08-2012, 05:53 PM   #44
rubicon55

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Arrested?

You've got to be kidding me...

NOBODY get's arrested in this game...no matter what they do.

Don't you know that all these issues are handled "in-house"...and away from the betting public's prying eyes?

Every race-fixing scandal that has been reported in this game has been covered up to such an extent...it is virtually impossible for the public to find out what really happened.

It took us 20 years to find out that there was race-fixing involving the jockeys in Louisiana...and I suspect it will take us just as long to find out what really happened at Tampa in 2005 -- when 11 jockeys were suspended without any reason or explanation given to the betting public.

Everything to protect the "integrity" of the game...
Probably heard this before but after reading this Gus it seems to me that this also what is so wrong with baseball and how officials hand down so called "punishment" for repeat offenders. As long as I can remember as a kid Baseball and Horseracing was suppose to be some sort of American iconic original sport with heroes and idols and youthful dreams of wanting to be a part of it. I can hardly utter those words anymore with any kind of sincerity- it is so very sad for all Americans who believe in honesty and clean competition. As they say "is nothing sacred anymore?’ truly a sad state we are in these troubling times fueled by greed. Thanks, just had to air my sentiments.

Last edited by rubicon55; 08-08-2012 at 05:58 PM.
rubicon55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)