Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #9
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
1. Repubs like to point to voter indifference to Obama this time around as the key. Not quite. The key is nobody but nobody likes Romney. Any enthusiasm for Romney is wrapped around anybody but Obama. I can't remember the last time somebody won who nobody gives a damn about. Can you?
Your number one reason really doesn't even support a claim that Romney is "going down". It almost contradicts itself even. You are basically pointing out a flaw (I guess) in the reason that people will vote for Romney... and then presuming that they won't actually vote for that reason? Or that somehow votes that have a greater "desire" behind them will count more? I don't really get it. A vote is a vote.

Quote:
2. Too many Americans simply like Obama. And they certainly don't get the hate on the right for the guy.
Again, what are they going to do because they don't understant the "hate"? Vote six times because they are so upset about it? His likeability ratings aren't 80% or anything, they are a smidge above 50%. Subtract from that the people with a brain that can separate liking the guy from supporting his policy and I don't know what the point is exactly.

Quote:
3. Who is the majority going to trust to do right by you and your family?
This gets to the first sentence of your post. This is where the indifference factors in. Hope and change never materialized. People are still looking for it. Some will give Obama another four years to come out of his coma, some don't want to be that patient and feel deceived and figure the other guy can't be much worse.

Quote:
4. Obama saved the auto industry. Don't believe it? You don't have to. See how the upper midwest votes tomorrow.
Well, to say he saved the industry is a bit of a stretch. There would still be an industry no matter what he did. What he did was intervene on behalf of a number of workers that most likely would have lost employment at a real bad time. So, yeah, they'll probably support him. Those that backed the corporations financially, however, and got boned on the deal, they may not feel the same way.

Quote:
5. Bettors are pouring it in late on Obama. We can sit here and say it doesn't mean a thing but we've all seen too many horses illogically overbet. And then won.
And we usually get really skeptical about the circumstances and the connections.

Quote:
Just sitting here today thinking about the election, I should be quite anxious about how tomorrow is going to turn out. But that's not how it is with one day to go.
That's because even you realize by now that your sick of both of them.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)