Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-20-2021, 12:09 PM   #162
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I'm nearly done presenting arguments from Jesus' own mouth about the true nature of God's love. Here are more of Jesus' qualified statements about who the objects of his Father's and his own love are. So, in addition to Jn 14:21 which I shared the other day, we have this text:

John 14:23
23... "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
NIV

Notice carefully how Jesus makes the inextricable link between love and the obedience that naturally flows from it. Could Jesus have said it any plainer that both he and his Father love only those who love him and keep his commandments?

And I have repeatedly said that Jesus' "theology" is solidly grounded in the Law and the Prophets.

Ex 20:6; Deut 5:10
6... but showing steadfast love to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.
ESV

There's one more text I want to share -- more words from Jesus' own lips but I have forgotten the address, so I'll have to look for it.
I'll be giving my full attention to Keeneland very soon and was leaving you to your own devices, but can't resist.

You're twisting yourself in knots. Did you forget the "U" in TULIP? There is no condition of man that merits God's love. God's initiative, out of love for man, in saving man is by necessity to man who cannot love God and keep the commandments consistently (your Total Depravity).
After regeneration, I don't know who is disagreeing with you about the "conditional" aspects of Divine love...

https://biblia.com/books/nasb95/Mt25.31

But I do appreciate the text attesting to infused grace (Jn 14:23).

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)