Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 04:54 PM   #156
dnlgfnk

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Here's something for you to ponder, Doc. Meditate on this passage and search the scriptures to see if this formerly blind man was right when he told the Pharisees:

John 9:31
31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
KJV

If God can't even lend his ear to an unrepentant sinner, how can he love him? Or was the man wrong?
You agree that one verse is taken in the context of all of scripture. One could argue that even in the case of Divine election God's initiative, his grace as an expression of his life and love (am I right?), is extended to those who "were still sinners" (Rom 5:8, as I already cited).

The same adjective for God's "kindness" in Rom 2:4, which leads one to repentance...https://biblia.com/books/nasb95/Ro2.4
...is used in Lk 6:36, where God is "kind" to the ungrateful and the selfish, in the context of imitating God by loving one's "enemies".

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)