Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-18-2021, 12:12 PM   #154
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnlgfnk View Post
Obvious stuff. "No one comes to the Father but through me".

We're talking past each other again. You come around to implicitly agreeing that the Father and Son are eternally of one will and mind, rather than the Father's love for the Son being contingent, and then lecture me on my own point.
Which is precisely why the God the Father can love God the Son.

Doesn't true biblical love issue forth in obedience, as its highest expression? Jesus certainly seemed to think so, not only in Jn 10:17 but also in Jn 14:15. So, all Jesus is doing in the former passage is essentially saying that his Father loves him because the Son loves him! But he stated his love for the Father in a way that would be outward and observable to the entire world -- the Cross!

Quote:
It's my understanding that the Westminster Confession of Faith, in describing the attributes of God, doesn't mention "Love". Nor does Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion (roughly 2000 pgs.) ever cite 1 Jn 4:8, 4:16... https://biblia.com/books/nasb95/1Jn4.8
...The inner life of the Trinity is a weak area for the Calvinist.
I wouldn't know about that. Never studied either work. I have all I can do to handle the eternal Word of God -- and I still have a long way to to.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)