Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 02:24 PM   #3
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I have lived in the same apartment for the past 36 years and have no intention of leaving. It’s a 57 unit three story building in a quiet neighborhood bordered on the north and west by forest preserves. The building is well maintained and management is quick to respond to problems or requests. Rent is reasonable.

My neighbors are friendly and quiet. We are a diverse group, including whites, blacks, Hispanics, Indians, both American and Asian. We’ve had Jews and Muslims living here without incident. People as old as 103 and as young as new born.

Anyway, that is just to give you an idea of the setup here. My Question is about something else. During my residence here we have several times received correspondence from the landlord asking to change how we make out our rent checks.what we place on the payee line. This has happened even though there has never been a change in ownership. The same family has owned the property since I lived here; in fact, since it was built in the 1960s, and I have always mailed my rent to the same address in Chicago.

So, does anyone know what the reason for these changes might be. Is it a tax thing or something to do with depreciation? Personally I have no idea.
Here's a novel idea: Why not ask them? I would think somewhere there would actually know.

» Advertisement