Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 01:10 AM   #15
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC922 View Post
There's class and there's an effort, for me anyway they don't always mix because consistent effort is class. Temperamental horses that run a lot of pure junk non-efforts mixed with effort, that = less class in my book.
I agree.

IMO multiple things are going on with consistency.

One is just the actual consistency of the horse’s form and it’s range of performances from race to race.

Another is how much energy the horse has in the tank relative to other horses in the field.

A horse with greater reserves of energy and stamina in the tank will overcome mildly disadvantageous trips and still run well. That’s why he’ll accumulate a more consistent record.

The inconsistent looking horses, the hangers etc.. are generally “cheaper” in that they can run fast with an easy trip or against a weaker field, but will fall apart more readily or badly when pushed hard.

The best horses are both consistent in their performances and have enough energy in reserve to overcome the occasional mildly bad trip and still win or at least finish really well at their current class level.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)