Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-14-2020, 12:10 PM   #305
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
One thing to consider is that the medical experts have a vested interest in EXTREME caution relative to other considerations like the economy.

If they say loosening up is OK and we get a second wave, they'll probably get crucified.

If they are extreme in their advice about locking down and the economy goes to hell, that's someone else's fault.

The biggest mystery to me is that Fauci was ridiculously wrong (as was WHO and FDA) at the start of this pandemic about what was likely to happen in the US, yet somehow he took very little heat. All the heat was directed elsewhere on people that were listening to the medical experts.

I'm obviously not advocating for us to stop listening to the medical experts, but they have about as good a record handicapping this pandemic so far as most rail birds at AQU that scream at jockeys after every race for all their losing selections.
They dont know. Really, they model and make guesses. Sometimes they are right, sometimes they are wrong.

My county, which has 4 million people in it, with a large senior citizen population, has 268 deaths. We were one of the last to lockdown.

People here have been cautious but seeing the deaths compared to death of economy it feels like people are willing to take on a wee bit more risk.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)