Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: 4NJbets news...
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #18
Pacingguy

More TVG Stuff

News didn't come this past weekend due to last minute regulatory issues. Apparently, those issues have been resolved because I got a response to a query I posed TVG.

Thank you for contacting TVG. On March 1st TVG will become the operator for 4NJBets.com. If you already have a 4NJBets accounts watch for communication in your email box on how your account will be transitioned. We look forward to providing your account wagering needs.

If you have any further questios or concerns, please feel free to give us a call or send an email. We’re glad to help.

For the record, Scientific Games, the current operator of 4NJBets is not a NJ company as is Betfair (TVG). The contract was up for renewal and TVG won. It is important to note that Betfair has a platform they can use for Exchange wagering so that may have been one of the reasons why they won it.

I am pretty sure we are going to get the TVG platform. Whether they are taking over the 4NJBets.com domain or not, remains to be seen.

One point about their fees. At one point someone told me that existing account holders will not be facing any additional charges, suggesting the accounts will be grandfathered as being free. However, I will believe it when I get more info (of which I am trying to find out more).

What I will say is a fee will cut down my wagering significantly. I am a small time player so a $.25 fee means I am going to pay about 12.5% for the privilige of wagering as a $2 gambler. I realize the lack of my wagers aren't going to bankrupt anyone but that means I will have in effect a 29.5% takeout for a win wager? I think not. In addition, if a track doesn't have video on their website, they will be scratched off my list as well.

If I am getting screwed over, this could be the best thing to happen to my bottom line.
Pacingguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)