Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 05:58 PM   #17
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacingguy
First of all, can anyone tell me what Factrel does to a horse? i looked it up and went "What"?

Let me say right now, even if the horses didn't test positive; once they can confirm the records are right, they should kick his butt back to California.

Why confirm the records are correct? It is a legal process. I am sure it is just a formality. Of course, we have appeals to the court coming. So who knows how long it will take to get him out? Of course, in NY it is elementary, as YR will exclude him again if an injunction is received. Harrah's may let him race as they are doing anything possible to discredit racing there to get racing kicked out.

Jay Bergman said NY State stopped testing for everything as a result of budget limitations.

Now, a couple of things to ponder. Will the suspension hold up? With Fusco, they had a positive which could be used as a reason to check the records in the state. Here, they had NJ pull the records with nothing to merit (suspensions, etc.) a look. I know it is not a legal proceeding, but do they have the right to look without a positive?

What is going to happen in NJ? Nothing said yet. My guess is they are hoping not to do anything and just honor NY's suspension.

I do have one problem. While deserving, this was a definite bring Pena down process. To me it is somewhat unfair. I want to see them do this type of search on other super trainers like Burke, Takter, Coleman, and the like. Will they do it? I hope so, but I feel they won't.
Someone else alluded to this too. When did it happen? Just harness or t'bred, too?
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)