Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 09:26 PM   #8
Cuffdaddy

I used to be a decently speedy runner and was still testing my full speed into my early 40's in basketball leagues and such.

Then flash forward to my early 50's and had a younger gf with about a 8 or 9 year old son. We were at a 4th of July event at a naval base and this kid wants to race me. So I think ok, then it hits me. When was the last time I really sprinted, I had jogged a few times during that 10 year gap and rode my mountain bike frequently. All of this flashed thru my mind in the few seconds I had to prepare for what was roughly 100 yards.

We leave the starting line and this tiny kid flashes out to about a 4 or 5 length lead off the blocks. I'm doing what I think is sprinting but my legs feel like logs as I am attempting to truly run. We reach the halfway point I've cut his lead to 3 lengths and start a competitve charge, I cannot lose to this kid lol. I pull alongside and look down at him he is taking 5 tiny strides to my one. I gather, and believe I switched leads and brush by at the finish.

I am completely spent, the kid is barely breathing and the mom who was watching from afar just gives me a look when we return like " what is wrong with this guy" and I am thinking the same thing. It was odd to actually have to concentrate on something that never required a second thought.

To be able to even walk fast at 105 years old is beyond comprehension to me. I do not think I've been in an all out sprint since and am now 56.

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 11-11-2021 at 09:28 PM.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)