Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 09-23-2021, 11:19 AM   #11
Robert Fischer
clean money

Although I have done my due diligence, I have not found post bias, gate placement vs distance, track configuration to be significant and valuable enough for me to spend extra time to scan upcoming races at Parx.

Every track in the known universe produces races (after the fact), where a horse may have been disadvantaged from an inability to save ground after the break. Often presenting most significantly while against-the-grain as well. I certainly don't disregard this or any other part of a bad trip if it happens to have occurred at Parx. It simply isn't a huge trap inherent to the Parx course, that causes me to do extra work to scan for possibility of occurrence to then potentially build a wager from that basis. That isn't to say the model is ignored or discredited separate from the projected pace and gate placement in a Parx race, -it's still part of the process. It's just not a fruitful standalone playmaker/driver.

Parx is a track that could be more interesting to those who find an edge in 'path bias' and speed bias. The 'track bias' notes at NYRA come to mind, as there is some good info and the concepts of a "gold rail", or wide bias, or highly speed favoring track etc... have merit. Those are the kind of track interests/concerns that Parx stimulates with me as opposed to gate-placement/configuration bias.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)