Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 05:49 PM   #58
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
Transient form? Indeed. I'm a big believer in watching races and replays, and making trip notes. And when I see "transient" form, that seems to defy the laws of nature and physics, I usually conclude the following:

The horse isn't just running on hay, oats and water.

When I play Hong Kong, Singapore and races from Japan, I NEVER see the "transient" factor - even from strong chalks that on paper lay over the field. The sharp changes in form are no where near the magnitude of what we see in racing in the U.S. And it's always nice to hear the broadcast team indicate any factors which may have led to an unexpected poor showing by a favorite - or, the "anti-transient" form, if you will.
Excellent Post!
Very Very True !
It's too bad the vast majority here can't relate or make those type of comparisons because they've limited themselves to only those things that apply to Stateside racing.
Their loss unfortunately!
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)