Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #19
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
I had a vested interest in the outcome, keying Orino in both the Race 4-5 DD and Pick 3. I have been miserable since yesterday.

Having watched zillions of races over the years, as have many of us here on PA, I know one thing is just about 100% dead certain, and it is this:

When there is interference, even the slightest of bumping, that occurs very deep into the stretch, the offending party comes down. The closer the horses are to the finish line, it is even much more likely the perpetrator comes down. You could go to the bank on that.

There is always much less room for margin in the deep stretch than there is at the start of the race or down the backside.

While one might argue if a foul actually occurred, to me, sadly, it was a fait accompli that my horse was coming down.

Prado's horse at 3-5 or Orino being a longshot had absolutely nothing to do with the steward's decision.
I wish I shared your optimistic view of the steward's neutrality, but I don't. This race was a classic opportunity for the steward's to put dough back in more people's pockets for the churn. DQ'ing a horse like Orino simply encourages the jocks on beaten horses, especially heavy favorites, to stand up near the wire, and hopefully get put up on the inquiry/objection.

Watching the head on for the 3rd and 4th times on the low-res replay from TS, I still don't see enough for a DQ, and hardly enough for an inquiry. Looked like the chalk staggered on his own nearest the wire anyway, so there's no way he goes by the .

I've had my share of DQs, both deserved and undeserved, as well as being a beneficiary of having another horse DQ'ed and mine put up. But the whole process is such a farce and so inconsistent. And on some circuits, sometimes not always on the up and up.

Damn glad I didn't bet the on this race....
Hoofless_Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)