Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-25-2014, 01:56 PM   #19
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Tom said, "Anyone who avoids paying taxes is OK in my book" He didn't specify state, local or federal. But if you want examples of federal programs that help the citizens, I have plenty.
Start with Medicare which helps seniors with healthcare. Add Social Security which aids them in achieving a comfortable retirement. Our Armed Forces protect us from external threats. The EPA protects the environment. OSHA makes sure we work in safe factories. The FAA regulates the sky. The FDA makes sure out food and drugs are safe and effective. The SEC monitors and prosecutes securities fraud. The NLRB protects workers.
All of which are not working for the people, but rather operate to varying extremes as PACs to be used as receptacles or outlets for party or ideological influence.

Police and fire legitimately serve the public interest. Your example on that front is well taken. Those acronyms you mention above, excepting the military (the only one in the list that I'm sure you'd loudly campaign to have budgetary reductions and less tax dollars funneled to), have, like all else, continued farther down the road of being patsy enforcement/policy arms of whatever executive is in control.

Few of those things do as you claim. Mostly they help the executive branch promote the party and fundraise through headlines.

-Robert James Smith, 1989

Last edited by johnhannibalsmith; 06-25-2014 at 01:58 PM.
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most