Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-15-2012, 01:55 PM   #8
LottaKash

Quote:
Originally Posted by melman
I understand your view LottaK. I used to be the same way. It just does not work anymore. If you wait, wait, wait and a very selective and want to bet on only "classy" stock you are limited to BigM, WDB/MOH, Bal. You HAVE to consider the size of the win pool. How can you wait and then be forced to make a low bet amount or else kill your own odds.
?
Yeah Mel, I agree with you about the pool sizes and all, but "in the end" for me, it's just that, "This is ALL I've got".....So I have to play it this way right til the end....Hard as I try, I can't get the hang of cheap tracks on a steady basis...I usually end up violating and comprimising my hard earned truths (I hate to be knocked off form, and begin doubting myself)....I guess you could say that, I am no longer the "gambler", that I once was, so I only play what I know, and this is all I know...and, I am more or less content to just thankfully accept the modest profits that I accrue from that style of play at the tracks that suit my style and needs.......Retirement has me in perpetual "scared money" mode, so it's, "slow and steady wins the race", for me...I just want top quality and formful horses, the rest is pretty ez for me...I just want to bet and make enough kash to keep the pressure off, and to get the little things in life that I wouldn't be able to get, otherwise...

Besides, my piddling bets would never rock the odds at any of the tracks that I play, anyways...

best,

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)