Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 11:12 PM   #56
Appy

"What I am saying that you may disagree with is that the fulcrum horse is often not the horse with the best E2 figure. Speed figures are not always the correct tool for that. Picking the Fulcrum horse is more complicated in a lot of cases."

I agree with your statement that speed figures may not be dependable in accurately predicting the fulcrum horse.

"This race (the KD) is another example of old school theory having been dis proven time and time again. The "fulcrum" method needs an overhaul."

I do not agree with this statement. Max Sec past performance indicated he would likely be on the lead or at least contending for it, and could hold it with strong finish. That is exactly the way the Derby unfolded. Apparently a lot of people read it that way, as MS was the fave. The Derby order of finish did not disprove any old school theory with exception of surprise performance of Country House, who IMO did not project to produce that caliber a race.

I studied Sartin Methodology and everything included in the compilations branded as such. Used to have a complete collection of the Followups (lost in a computer crash). Still have a stack I printed out, including the Matchup. I learned a good deal from the experience that will stick with me forever. I also acquired a number of friendships I value highly during that time, including Ted.
I moved on from that to, among others, studying Pizzolla's writings and methods. Again, I learned a good deal which I will always use to advantage. He is a handicapper, player, and instructor, I admire a good deal. IMO he is, in his own right, a proven commodity.
Whether I agree with each and everything any of those guys present is my own business and I am free to accept or reject at my own discretion. In any case I am appreciative to all of them for the considerable gains I have made. I do not see how trashing any of them could make me feel any better about myself.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.