Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Arienne Cox
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 11:54 AM   #7
MadVindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Gosh, I can think of a lot more potent "running jokes" than these 2.

She's riding 31% ITM for 2018 and has earned close to $4 million since 2006 when she started race riding. (she buys and sells horses as well, breaks and trains). She rode her first race at 1-1/2 mile marathon, and came in 3rd, which I think puts her in the history books?

An accomplished young woman, has a master's degree, a trainer's license, and owns horses and dogs and is dead fit and gorgeous......and has a BF who thinks the world of her.

Between them looks like they make a comfortable living, not bad if it also provides a lifestyle you are happy in. Not every jockey wants to starve themselves to death and win all the big races....there are tradeoffs. Not everyone wants to argue with owners and jockeys and trainers and such and they own most of what they race.

I just try to understand what motivates people and why they "do what they do".

Clearly, from a bettor standpoint, she isn't going to make ME rich.
yeah then I don't really understand this thread. 31% ITM ain't bad. She's a millionaire. She has a bad run lately or what?

Sometimes I think it's true that women got to do more to prove themselves. Being the opposite gender of the usual in an industry makes a person stand out for good or bad.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)