Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 12-21-2017, 05:01 PM   #12
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
FAKE NEWS. Black unemployment remains at twice the level of white unemployment. In fact, of the ten November’s prior to this one, only two have statistically significant, larger discrepancy between black unemployment and white unemployment.

Then there is the matter of who is responsible for the lower unemployment rate among blacks. Trump has done nothing to enhance black employment opportunities. In reality, his racist anti immigrant rants have done the opposite.

Trump was born on third base and thinks he hit a home run. What is worse, you see Trump standing on third base and think he hit a grand slam.
Let me help you - the poster is attempting to show the "brilliance" of DJT - black unemployment by year (using the household survey - please see the DOL website): 2013 - 11.1%; 2014 - 9.7%, 2015 - 8.2%; Nov 2016 7.8% and Nov 2017 - 7.1%.

Observations:

1) In the past year, the metric has improved by 0.7 percentage points, in line to slightly worse than the improving trend from the prior few years.

1a) Trump claimed unemployment stats were "fake"/"made up" just 18 months ago. Why are they believable now? Which is it? Wait, if the economy turns south (not a prediction, just making a point), the stats will become "fake" again.

2) The discrepancy between black and white unemployment is troubling. This is where we part, as I believe your party's solutions (well intentioned, I'm sure) have worsened this problem.

3) DJT is anti-immigrant, unfortunately, as it sells to his base. I think we should welcome immigrants into the country and not turn into Japan, but the border should be secured for national security reasons.

4) Yes, I love how DJT downplays his father's wealth, and how it may have helped open a few doors along the way -- we can never, ever detract from the brilliance of DJT.

Last edited by Saratoga_Mike; 12-21-2017 at 05:02 PM.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)