View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 08:23 PM   #21
slewis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indulto
Slewis,
You've almost convinced me, but I have some questions:
1) If Phipps et al are so powerful, how did NYRA lose the BC?
2) Would NYRA go synthetic if it had the money?
3) Who was responsible for the Saratoga track maintenance when the meet went breakdown-free on dirt? Was anything being done differently?
4) Why can't you and supporters of your mud-caulk/toe-grab position legally challenge the regulation?
5) Is their any connection between the "Elite" group and the THG/TOC?
6) Would the Jocky Club/BC-NTRA et al group have to control any national industry governing authority?
a. What percentage of horse owners don't support the elite group both in New York and nationwide?
b. How is the value of racing stock distributed among them percentage-wise?
7) Why does the THG exempt RGS/Elite when blocking signals?
a. What % of whales are horsemen?
b. Can a boycott be effective without whales?
c. What would make a whale be willing to boycott?
I'll try answer these but of course some answers will be opinion.
I try and be as factual as possible and I've said before, those who know me on this forum know I dont BS.
1) Trust me Phipps IS racing. I dont think he cares about having the BC in NY.
He has no need to have NYRA financially successful, it means nothing to him, they are locked in for 25 yrs.
He races at Keeneland so I think he's probably open to the poly idea but that's my opinion. But what better way to build credibility for these surfaces then to have successful back to back breeders cup raced over them?
2) Haywood has stated they are entertaining Poly T down the road.
3)The previous track super (who was FORCED out) maintained the track. Hey, let me stress a point here, again opinion:
Hard and bad racetracks break down horses, mud calks and toe grabs DO NOT. State vets allowing horses to race when they should ot contributes more to breakdowns then any shoe. It was no coincedence that this SPA meet had no horses who broke down. I would bet if it could be varified that no horse went to post if there is any doubt regarding soundness, not always the case in the past.
That's what was done differently.
4) Trainers asked NYRA management if NYRA would be held accountable if a horse races on a surface where the trainer is not comfortable, but forced to shoe a certain way. NYRA from what I was told had no response.
Filing a lawsuit would be a waste of time, I doubt a judge would hear the case unless your horse broke down.
5) Dont know this one but I think the names in the Paulick report has it's hoof's everywhere.
6) Uhh.. they WOULD be that such organization... (do you know who a guy like Will Farish is? answer: He was Bush's appointment as ambassador to UK)
Who has more pull and power and money then these people??
a)I dont think many owners know what's taking place, this is a hobby for them and their trainers call the shots.
b)Look at the guys on the NYRA bd and look at the horses they race and how they're bred. Look at who they breed to (stallions) and the money they spend. It must KILL them when some small guy comes along and qualifies for the Derby with an inexpensive horse while they put hunderds of millions into the game and cant get there. Would you not agree that Phipps's racing operation is an argueable failure considering the amount of money they put into the game?
8) Trainers whales? I never met a trainer who's a REAL GOOD handicapper, I respect several opinions. I'm sure they exist, maybe not whales, but big bettors but probably not in NY. Dutrow has the best opinion of those I've delt with, Tagg the worst.
A boycott done effectively will probably (temporarily) force whales to the sideline or curtail their play as well.
Whales, I would think want as much money in the pools as possible so I would think that they would support any action that would lead to that.
slewis is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)