Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-04-2008, 06:50 PM   #17
Imriledup

Quote:
Originally Posted by john del riccio
I agree with Dan, I was looking for all of the above and I would add the
integrity of the jockey colony to your list. What I have seen over the last year has made me feel like I don't truly know this game for what it has become.

JOhn
I want to ask everyone a question concerning fixed races and jockey integrity. Do you personally know who (individual or group) that is in charge to make sure riders aren't fixing races?

I think that its supposed to be the stewards, but i don't think they are necessarily watching races with the idea that they are looking for fixed races. I don't think the stewards are looking at 'funny looking' rides and then going down to the basement and analyzing betting patterns.

As far as i know, the FBI isn't actively analyzing every cheap claiming races from every track in the USA on a daily basis. They aren't sitting up to the wee hours of the night analyzing betting patterns in all these races that are run throughout the country.

Also, if you feel that you lost money because of the fix being 'in' who do you contact that is going to legitimately research your concerns?

Seriously, do we know who is in charge? Is there a person who's responsibility is to watch the races with binoculars to see that every jock is giving his full effort all the way to the wire? I don't think such a person exists.

Maybe this is all part of handicapping and its not a race 'fix' issue. Maybe as a bettor its your responsibility to know which jocks 'mail it in' on certain occasions and which jocks are going to beat a 5k claimer with a billyclub to garner a 5th place finish on every mount they ride.

Still, i would feel better if i knew someone was watching these little men to make sure they are riding every mount with vigor and energy to the line. A lot of these 'usual suspects' are high profile riders at major curcuits who don't care about getting 3rd/4th/5th if they are beaten for the win with 70 yards remaining.

I consistently read the stewards rulings and very seldom, if ever, notice a jock getting a large fine or suspension for not riding out a mount to the line.
Imriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)