Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 02:26 PM   #19
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
I am seeing the same thing, 30-40% more and I am buying sale items I didn't before. I used to buy just whatever fresh fruit I was in the mood for, now I buy whatever is on sale, same with meat.
Quote:
Be careful with Super Market Meat
Mine uses packaged beef from Australia ...you would think its good
Its terrible!!!!
Buy CostCo meat break it down and freeze it
You guys are spot on with our experience here.

InnerDirt, Like BJ said, super market sale meat is just horrible.

My wife loves a good marinated tri-tip. For me, it's mostly rib steaks.
However, the tri-tips are pure crap. Even the $11 @lb Costco ones.

As for fruits & vegetables, yesterday Beth bought a head of cauliflower which was $3.98 for a small one.

Avocados in the grocery store?
$1.98 for small ones.
Buy 5 and 3 are rotten.
Not exaggerating.

Only exception for avocados is Costco. $6-$7 for FIVE BIG ONES. They will always be 100% perfect.

Tip: We put them in the fridge and take out 1 at a time to ripen for a couple of days. We eat 1 per day.

Joe's idea about buying meat at Costco. Yep. But don't buy the cheap ones. If you can't afford the $22+ per pound meat, you better get used to the crap or pass.

December 15th prime rib goes on sale from coast to coast. Except for Costco. LOL
We typically by about 40-50 pounds and cut it into 2 & 3-bone roasts. Last year we paid $7 per pound at Raley's, an upscale market where the normal price would be double that.

This year that same beef (now) is $32 per pound, which makes me thing the price at Christmas will be $15

That is beef for the entire year, except for the occasional Costco filet when we're feeling flush. (At almost $40 per pound we don't often feel THAT flush.)
BTW, out here, Costco has had the 2nd best crab in the country - (King is best, Dungeness is 2nd) - on sale for $6.99 per pound. 2 crabs = $35 (5 pounds).

THAT is a steal.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)