Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-19-2022, 02:30 PM   #113
Thomas Roulston

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Sorry to hear about your injury. A lot of people had asked for this kind of thing in the beginning, so I'll look into it again. Thanks for the suggestion.

What can I say? I'm on a roll today!

And while we're on the subject of suggestions, how about adding the icons for saddle towels 21 through 24?

"When you check out my Derby SpaceSheet 3.0 on the right sidebar of this website, you'll notice that the first few columns are dedicated to the post positions and the number of winners each post has produced over the past 42 years of the big race.

In 2012, four more numbers will be added to the mix, although a horse may not run as an also-eligible out of posts 21 through 24, unless one of the 20 qualifying horses happens to scratch after the draw.

The four also-eligible positions were announced in December of last year in efforts to provide a full field of 20 horses in the event of a scratch prior to 9 a.m. on Oaks Day. That time is significant as that is when betting on the Kentucky Derby is open to the public.

Which post has produced the most Derby winners in the last 42 years, you ask? Post position 10 has produced seven (7) winners as the leading post, and post position 4 is the runner-up with six (6)winners, followed by posts 2, 3 and 12, all with four wins. Which are the worst posts? Posts 14, 17 and 19 have not produced a winner in the past 42 years, so you may want to stay away from those!

Yesterday, while planning for this post, I was curious as to the saddle cloth colors for the four additional post positions, so I e-mailed Darren Rogers, Senior Director of Communications at Churchill Downs who was quick to respond with a link to the colors, PMS numbers and the color of the number on the saddle cloth, too!

So here are the colors for numbers 21-24:

#21 Lavender (with navy numerals)
#22 Postal Blue (with white numerals)
#23 Seafoam (with dark green numerals)
#24 Olivez (with white numerals)

So, there you have it. What will 2012's winning colors be?"
GENE KERSHNER
Thomas Roulston is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)