Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 10:17 PM   #32
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrick View Post
Yes. This was especially true in late Jan to early Feb of last year's meet, Mark. They had to cancel about a week worth of racing dates due to the track freezing, and once they got back to running, horses getting that trip from an outside gate while sitting mid-pack or better early were winning at an incredible rate and at decent to very good prices. Many times the exacta was made up of these types during that period of time as well. If I'm remembering correctly, it played that way for a good two weeks after the track thawed out. The track then did a complete 180 after that (after some rain or wet snow over a couple of days I do believe) and played heavily to the inside path for an extended period of time after that.

It's something to keep an eye on if the same situation presents itself this winter.
tx for the response, sir..just for kicks, i'll check my bias notes ( i keep them on my smart phone) from last year to see if we concurred on the transformation.......I do think that maintenance measures taken to combat extreme weather are usully more responsible than the extreme weather for temporary biases...you seem very sharp,,stay in touch..ok??

btw..mahoning has a different track-super this year, so that might alter things from last season........much like when mountaineer's super informally retired two years , or so, ago..and his underlings proved much better at maintaining a fair surface, even eradicating mnr's notorious dead-rail stigma
mountainman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)