Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-15-2020, 11:39 PM   #28
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appy View Post
I never met Joe Sharp, so I don't know his inclinations. But I heard all his positives were for the same substance and that substance was an ingredient in the wormer he used. He mentioned it was a wormer product new to him The active effects of some wormers can be for a period of 120 days. I am liberal enough to believe that is a mistake an honest guy could easily make. I sure can't name every single ingredient in the wormers I use. And even if I could I don't know enough to know what each one is or why it's in there. You just assume it is a legally acceptable substance in an over the counter product that everyone uses. Unless they prove the wormer was illegally laced with a banned PED and he knowingly administered it knowing that, I think he might deserve a pass on these infractions. But if the wormer was simply a cover for the PED I would recommend no mercy.
The mitigating circumstance. OK. Why was he allowed to run the horses that he gave the wormer to? How long to get the first bad test? Two, three weeks? After he was notified of the first positive, he continued to enter horses that had been given the wormer. And they were allowed to run. Could be said he was knowingly entering horses that were considered to be using a PED. And was allowed to by the State Racing Commision.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Tuscan Gold VS Catching Freedom