Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 10:24 AM   #14
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffaniO View Post
Actually it is a good example, I don’t need your validation of my opinions... the OP talked about the warm fuzzies and Funny Cide was an accurate example of the warm fuzzies the media made it into with their lame school bus gimmick.

People whined when the favorites didn’t win for decades and now they whine that the favorites are on a run... always something.

Why do people waste so much time doing something that only brings them anguish? If ownership is what you are down to complaining about, you need to examine why you participate in the game.
It was a bad example, despite your opinion to the contrary. As noted, a group of friends owning their once-in-a-lifetime horse is far different than a group of business associate buying into and controlling large parts of a field.

A trophy used to be one of a kind, or maybe there would have to be an extra copy made for a partner. Now there are too many copies of trophies being made to count, and a guy can look like he's won as many Derbies as Calumet when he really bought in on a leg of each made horse.

But the worse problem is the concentration of top horses among few trainers. Let me repeat. Brown has 150 2-year-olds. By God, I hope he (one of his trainers, actually) can develop a good one or two from that group, and then he can bask in another Eclipse award, and get 200 2-year-olds next year.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement