Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Florence
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2018, 05:02 PM   #37
Grits

I live two hours inland from the coast of N.C., right at I-95. I've weathered these all of my life. The majority of the coastal homes, most of the time, are second residence vacation beach homes.

It is one thing to lose your beach house but it is totally another thing altogether to lose your primary residence to a hurricane that has made landfall, destroyed vacation residences and come inland, stalled, and destroyed everything in its path--taking humans, animals, homes, farms, businesses, etc. This was the reality, the nightmare of Hurricane Hazel in 1954, Hurricane Fran in 1996 and Hurricane Floyd in 1999.

There's no alarmist mindset in the majority of us as we've lived this. The professionals cannot predict hurricanes, they can only track them. Knowing, full well, by the way, that they can turn on a dime. They do, whether you gentlemen (some of you, wise asses) believe it or not, help to guide us with a window--a time frame.

It's a pretty callous soul that would make others time of difficulty, even fear--which I admit--a political football. Hurricanes have taken many lives, be grateful this is something that isn't currently a part of your sphere.

If so inclined, your prayers would be deeply appreciated.

Last edited by Grits; 09-12-2018 at 05:04 PM.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most