Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 06-15-2014, 04:22 PM   #2
SansuiSC

BETA

Don't rely on it 100%. It's still in beta and is buggy. I noticed more dropouts Saturday than during the week. Nice HD picture, but you have to have something ready be it the NYRA cable tv or online. The worst is a drop during a race.

Make sure your unit is hard wired when watching NYRA. Video takes up a lot of bandwidth on home networks. It's one thing to have a Netflix movie drop & buffer while watching but a live race

Why they chose the Roku platform is very puzzling. WDTV Live is much better product.

Saturday was especially brutal as far as drops. I was never "out" though. The card sucked too lol.

Call NYRA support and ask for Carmine, (if he's in) he's well versed since day 1. A friend of mine worked with him over an hour on the phone one day about 6 weeks ago only to find his Roku is too old. He has multiple ways to watch races so he wont buy a new one for one channel.

I just hope the developer of the app didn't give up on the product and makes it so it is more stable.

Growing with technology sux sometimes.

GL
SansuiSC is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)