Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 03-14-2018, 09:58 AM   #54
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
The real takeaway of this, regardless of outcome at this point, is the GOP is gonna get trounced in the midterms.
Trounced might be too strong a word.Lamb was a solid candidate and he ran towards the center (pay attention DNC) and and I read an article somewhere (may have been here on PA) that the GOP was quite frustrated with Saccone-he was a blah candidate,and was getting addicted to GOP $$ and organization instead of raising money and organizing on his own. That being said, it is unusual if the party in power DOESN'T lose seats in Congress in the first midterms.People vote for change and if people do not see it right away, they'll go the other way.It may depend on how people in GOP districts feel about Trump.Since he's such a polarizing figure, things will need to be going very,very well for independents and mainline Republicans to vote GOP.Like the man said, good enough is never good enough.

Oh yeah and the DNC needs to treat Bubba and Hillary to a 6 month round-the-world-cruise starting in mid-May.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)