Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-23-2024, 08:13 PM   #43
mountainman

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson721 View Post
Hope you are feeling better Mark. Rhode Island Mountaineer nation (I might be the only one but who knows) looks forward to your return in April/May. I am tired of the bull rings and poly racing that I have to suffer playing during the winter.

Side note: I've been playing horses since 1993 and you are the only track handicapper that I learn new things from plus I do enjoy your stories and your Halloween cellphone text message sound. Stay healthy my friend!
Tx, dude. I don't wager from home, so my winter, though profitable, has been spent in dark, under-heated, lonely venues. And since I'm probably a bit A D D, staying focused and disciplined has been the challenge.

I will say the "fortress of solitude" settings compel my restless mind to see old things in new ways. Fresh, counterintuitive takes on nuances of trip, running style, and trainer intent, for example, have crept into my thinking and might remain there.

Rhode Island? Sweet! My dad's mom, Fanny Williams, belonged to an organization called "Daughters of the American Revolution" and was a direct descendant of Roger Williams, who founded your home state. Even as his puritanical brethren sought to impose their values and beliefs on native Americans, Williams adamantly refused to follow suit, and his forceful objections led to exile into the stark wilderness.

The man, in fact, literally FOUNDED the principle of religious freedom in America and also espoused a strict separation of church and state. My admiration for him knows no limit.

On the reflux thing-I'm actually NOT a soup fan (wet, sloppy foods usually repulse me), but I have been trying (just somewhat successfully) to lose weight, and that rules out a more substantial lunch.

Can't wait to resume the show. Passing much of the time at Planet Fitness and getting as strong as Odd Jobs ( the BEST Bond henchman). How pointless for a guy my age-especially since the bench press won't add 2 yards off the tee....

Apologies to the board for these meanderings. I'm home alone this evening and wanted to kill some time before cracking tomorrow's Mvr form.

Last edited by mountainman; 02-23-2024 at 08:16 PM.
mountainman is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)