Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 01:48 PM   #162
v j stauffer

I also received a letter from Michele Ravencraft. BTW before I expand let me say I think Michele is an unquestioned SUPERSTAR in our industry.

I've worked with her on a number of things as well as playing in a few NHC's. Her class, dedication and professionalism is second to none.

I was told about the waiver option to 2022 as well. She did say there was a meeting with the Las Vegas officials on August 17th to see where everything stands and asked if I'd wait until after that meeting to decide. I agreed.

The LAST thing I want to do is opt out of the Aug. NHC. I'm really looking forward to having Saratoga and Del Mar in the mix for the first time. And much has gone into the planning of our trip.

If I switch to February I'll have to miss three days of work at Oaklawn. While my superiors have always been very gracious in letting me off to compete. I'd prefer to never miss an Oaklawn race day. With only 66 they are precious indeed.

We'll see how it shakes out.

FWIW I've never heard anything about my proxy idea. So I'm assuming that's a non starter. Oh well I still think it's a viable temporary solution.

**** Covid 19!

» Advertisement