Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Saratoga 2017
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 06:17 PM   #15
HalvOnHorseracing

I think it is worthwhile to pay attention to pay attention to a couple of things. First, note which trips are winning on the dirt. As long as I've been going there, the track does develop inside/outside and speed/closer tendencies at certain times. Second, on the turf note where the rail is set, especially on the inner turf where the turns are a little sharper anyway. There will be races where horses will get disadvantageous or advantageous trips because of where the rail is set and that is good information to have when handicapping subsequent races.

I don't know if somebody mentioned it already, but the Pletcher/Velasquez combo on debuting two year olds has a high percentage of wins, although rarely at a price. Statistically Pletcher always has better dirt than turf statistics at Saratoga because of his debuting two year olds.

Chad Brown is particularly strong with debuting juvenile fillies on the turf.

One other point. When a trainer gets hot, you can get some really good prices on horses that don't necessarily look great on paper. A couple of years ago I remember everything Juimmy Jerkens put on the track was going to give you a live run.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)