Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Saratoga 2017
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 11:17 AM   #8
HandiTrack

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
How do you apply Brohamer's methods, without calculating a single number?
Ok, you can do parts of Brohamer's method (and I probably shouldn't be giving him all the credit for it because it's definitely not anything he invented, but I was introduced to it in his book so in my brain I'll forever associate it with him) without calculating. You can look at running lines and identify who are the front runners (E) and the closers (S) and the just off the pace runners (P), and you can find pace scenarios where there are a bunch of S horses and only one E, or a several E horses and only one P or S. It's not going to always fit that easily, and of course you can get way more in-depth and calculate fps and turn times and all that (and I do, I have a python program to do that for me), but when I'm in a hurry, like I just got in the grandstand with 6 minutes to post and nothing handicapped, I just assign everyone a letter and see if something fits. I wouldn't base my whole betting methodology on only that, but if you don't want to calculate I've had success just approaching it that way.

Last edited by HandiTrack; 07-12-2017 at 11:18 AM.
HandiTrack is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)