Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 10:05 PM   #34
Franco Santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz View Post
Franco,

In my opinion, the single thing that prevents most players from winning is that they do not actually have a simple core handicapping approach.

Dave
Interesting. I happen to think it goes much deeper than that, but certainly not having a strategy would be a core problem. I think most players do have an approach, but it's not one that can win because they view the races the same as 98% of the their competition and expect to find an edge because they think their analysis is better.

But, truth be told, I have no idea what other people are REALLY doing...I live in my own handicapping bubble in my home-office. For all I know, people are throwing darts. And to be honest, I don't care one way or another. What I do know is that in order for me to win, fields have to be competitive and my opponents have to (collectively) make mistakes. I don't think they make many in the win pool, but in multi-race bets where there are many combinations, there's no question that certain low odds horses get significantly overbet.
Franco Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement