Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religion II
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2017, 09:50 PM   #1471
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
No,the double post was accidental.And it was not a question, as I recall it was more of an observation. You said "America was not founded on the Constitution. America is founded on the idea contained in the Declaration of Independence that men have inalienable rights from a Creator God." So yes I certainly did assume that their conception of a creator God had a Judaeo- Christian underpinning.And I am well aware that some were Deist but Deism also has social/cultural linkage to Christianity.OK you say they supported slavery so maybe they were white supremacist.This infers that you would also say maybe the KKK are white supremacist. Interesting that you bring up the revolutionary war and its causes.How often do you think the actual reasons for wars are recorded in the history books of the countries INVOLVED in the conflict? Prior to 1776, anti-slavery sentiments were deepening throughout Britain and in the Caribbean. The colonist were making fortunes and their entire economy was dependent on slavery.The so-called Revolutionary War, was in part a counter-revolution, a conservative movement that the founding fathers fought in order to preserve their right to enslave others for monetary profit.So Yes I submit that the evidence supports my observation that their true religion was white supremacy and their true God was Money.Of course due to their "education" [indoctrination] my observation will cause cognitive dissonance and be rejected my most Americans,but that does not refute its veracity.

Why would it be interesting I bought up the Revolutionary war? That is the war for independence, declared by the Declaration of Independence i.e. the reasons for the revolt against Britain.

Also, why would you believe that I would say that the KKK founded by the southern dems may be white supremacists? They are white supremacists by their own admissions.

More so, not all the original colonies economies were dependent on slavery. Slavery was prominent in the Southern colonies, which grew and exported cotton, tobacco, etc., to Britain. The same Britain which made a fortune shipping slaves to their American colonies.

FYI the Northern colonies instigated for independence, the Southern colonies were pretty satisfied with the status quo.

But you have your opinion.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 05-10-2017 at 09:53 PM.

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most
Dornoch - 67.74%
42 Votes
Track Phantom - 32.26%
20 Votes
Total Votes: 62
This poll is closed.