Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: RTN Online?
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #58
edmond1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallop58
Just curious. How does one know that British Racing has a low delay? Is there a clock or something? Got a guy standing at the track with a cell phone?
Also, re: shutting out, isn't the tote halt still done by human pushing a button? Wouldn't one have to factor that in? And wouldn't it change track to track? Or am I missing something?
Betfair provides their customers with special fast internet feeds from English Racetracks. Delay appears to be approx. 1-2 seconds from real-time. A must if they want their customers to have a chance for EXCHANGE/INPLAY betting. How do I know - betting on Betfair closes just before horses come out of gate on their video feed. Internet feeds in North America including the ones from RTN are delayed approx. 8 seconds from real-time. RTN feeds on DN are 5 seconds delayed from real-time - these are the feeds simulcast locations now use - A BIG JOKE !!!!!!!!
I was told that "tote halt" is synchronized with the starting gate at host track. That's why betting on tote closes several seconds before you see horses leaving the gate depending on whatever video feed you are seeing ....
edmond1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)