Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: RTN Online?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #52
thespaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
JimG,

Maybe I am missing it, but what does one gain by having Dish AND the web version?

Dave
Nothing. It simply drives up the cost to the consumer. $50 for the Satellite service and $25 more for on-line.
There is no advantage to the consumer.
Perhaps the company anticipates their service will be most viewed online and for that the price will be increased. Perhaps RTN is in the process of "getting it's customers used to the higher price.
That's a guess.
IN any event, I believe much of the content we see today on cable or satellite will become more widely available via the internet. Because ISP's do not have to launch billion dollar pieces of equipment into outer space that have a relatively short life span( 12-15 years) internet content tends to be less costly to the user.
My prediction is that with the expansion of fiber optic networks, we will see more content become available on line and the cost to the user will fall not only as competition increases but also as the technology to deliver content becomes less costly.
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)