Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 02:07 PM   #6
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny View Post
The state of racing today.

Too many stakes for too few good horses.

At least half of today's stakes are glorified allowances or starter hcps.

(This would fit right in to my Wer're In Trouble thread - appropriate meme?)
Of course it would fit. This has been an issue for years. What's to be expected? Less horses in training from the start, early retirements with more races that will ever be filled with the right competition. Its been this way for a long, long time. I am a 100 % realist, it really helps my gambling and i avoid band wagons or being a fan boy. You talk like this and the first thing some here will do is point out the handle........they actually believe that's all that matters. If you don't have a following in the middle class.........you have nothing!

People don't understand supply, demand or how that works in a healthy economic environment for an American style business such as sports and gaming. The money is not as important as the coverage or appealing to the masses. People have not figured out that the most powerful people are the ones that own/run the media. If the sport can't even draw print/press. Television is a pipe dream. You can find racing on channel 44 or 26 or some shit most days. With exception of the big days, Saratoga and certain days at Del Mar and Arlington in the summer, the tracks are empty.

Owners think they can only win with certain trainers. So a handful of guys have all of the best horses. Of course, that works out in everyone's favor in the situation you are talking about. So, the people that should care, well, some don't want to notice, its better not to. lol. I can understand that. What I don't understand are every day, average horse players that fall for all the garbage and scream at people that complain. Oh sorry, its all great, what am I talking about........RACING COULDN'T BE BETTER !

Last edited by burnsy; 04-28-2018 at 02:08 PM.
burnsy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which horse do you like most