Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Religious
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2015, 02:56 PM   #21410
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
God is omnipresent which means it is in things too. There is a Sufi saying: [b]“God sleeps in the rock, dreams in the plant, stirs in the animal, and awakens in man.
Being omnipresent does not mean He is in all things. Christians, for example, are the only ones gifted with God's indwelling Holy Spirit.

Quote:
Liar. You don't believe what was always "The Kingdom is within you" which was in the Bible for 2000 years and only changed in the last 35 years to suit superficial phony religious people like you who have no ability to go beyond their own egos.
You sound very angry today. Not in touch with your god? Not feeling his love today? Of course, you're not. God doesn't love YOU. You have admitted this. God's love knows no objects. So, how can you feel the love of anyone who does not love you!? Would you care to explain that to us?

Just because I don't argee with your interpretation of the passage doesn't doesn't make me a liar or an evil person. People can, in fact, can have honest disagreements. However, in the case of the Lukian passage, about one dozen arguments (between myself and Overlay) have been presented that soundly refute that poor translation. As stated before, most translations actually have made a note in their margins to alert readers to an alternate translation. You have utterly failed to refute one single argument. Here...allow me to show you how pathetically weak your interpretation of that passage is with a question which you won't be able to answer: Did the disciples, who were with Jesus when he spoke to the Pharisees, also have the kingdom of God "within them"? Think carefully before you answer.

Quote:
Again you miss the point. I am referring to divine love not worldly love. Parent children relationships are worldly.
No, you missed mine! Paul was referring to godly love, not worldly love. But even if he had been teaching us how to love like the world does (although I don't know why he would have to teach Christians about the world's ways when everywhere he tells us to avoid its godless ways!!!), then this would still make Paul's kind of love markedly superior to your idea of "divine" love which has no worth. Your "divine" love has no practical value. It does not seek to protect. It does not seek to serve. It does not seek the welfare of others. It does not seek to minister to anyone's needs. It does not seek the comfort of others, etc., etc. Love without any object is less than worthless! Or as Greyfox essentially pointed out: Your kind of divine love is simply an expression of narcissism. You deceive yourself into thinking that you have slayed your ego when in fact all you are doing is inflating it -- by thinking you are a little god -- or maybe the Big God?! (Did you know that Satan once thought he was God?)

Quote:
God is always there. It is we who have to open our eyes.
But we are all born blind and cannot open our own eyes! As Jesus himself taught..."because you say you see, your blindness remains..., i.e your sin remains. (Jn 9:41)

Quote:
I never said that. I said there are many evil doers using the Bible to justify heinous acts. (BTW, do you have a reading comprehension issue?)
You stereotyped all believes in with the "evil doers". Never once have you acknowledged what good God-fearing, pious Christians have done in the world. I believe you so hate the God of the bible and his true people that you lumped them in with all the apostates in the church.

Quote:
You know nothing.
I know this: Jesus (you know...the one you say you believe in...) warned people to enter the kingdom by the narrow door.

Luke 13:24
24 "Strive to enter by the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
NASB

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)