Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Thread: Always Dreaming
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2017, 02:05 PM   #5
f2tornado

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerUpPaynter View Post
Im not going to sit here and tell you Always Dreaming's performance in the Florida Derby was not good but of all the possible favorites he certainly is the most vulnerable. In the Florida Derby 4 of the top 5 finishers were at the front the whole way around. Both his other two route races, he got to sit on or right off slow paces and run slow beyers and pick up wins against sub par competition.

Bottom line: Always Dreaming has never won a race that did not favor his running style. Water gets much deeper in Kentucky.

Possible fools gold and very vulnerable.
I said the same about American Pharoah and it did not matter. His Rebel Stakes was very similar to Dreaming's allowance. Slow then boom. Then both crushed their final 9F prep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney View Post
I'm not a huge believer in bounce, but with Todd Pletcher, I feel like he specifically points towards the prep races. For example, One Liner was so impressive in his Southwest win, and now he's off the trail for no specific reason other than not training well.

So I just hope the tank isn't emptied on Always Dreaming.
I think TAP gets a bad rap. He gets a lot of horses in the big race but ask yourself how many truly fit the bill. I only recall betting on one of them and that was Super Saver. Winning sire line, winning pilot, and fast fractions. AD fits the bill this year. If you like him then thank Classic Empire's effort for improved odds.
f2tornado is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Wh deserves to be the favorite? (last 4 figures)